Monday, August 15, 2011

Your tour of the NYIGF

The New York International Gift Fair (NYIGF) is a to-the-trade show where vendors showcase their offerings to interior design and retail related individuals. I attended the show over the weekend and was eager to share some of my finds with you.

Go Home Ltd. is a company that always gets my attention for fun and interesting products for the home. This horse head sculpture is an artistic creation that immediately reminded me of the Hamptons. What a whimsical nod to the equestrian culture on the East End!
Asian Art Imports is a "green" company that uses reclaimed and sustainable woods for their creations, including their version of a horse's head. Do you like the shadow that this piece of art creates?  
JM Piers creates these gorgeous trays! This trio storage set is such a chic and stylish way of stowing necessities. These elegant containers could be used in a bathroom for such items as cotton balls, Q-tips and elastic hair bands or in an office for paper clips, staples and business cards.  
 
Look at the beautiful choice of colors and the various sizes. Where oh where, would I not use one of these sturdy trays in my home?   
Mariska Meijers creates high quality pillows that are vibrant and certain to zhush up any neutral decor. Her silk pillows are truly remarkable, not only visually, but to the touch. A top notch product indeed!
Markisa launched her new scarf line at the show. I think this plum and chic yellow piece would be fabulous paired with a plum wool coat this season.
I have spread the word about Dunes and Duchess candlelabras and lamps in previous posts. It is their passion, their American made quality products and the uniqueness of their offerings that I find attractive. At the show they launched their floor lamp and table, adding to their product line-up. 
The Duchess is as nice as she is stunningly beautiful!
Do you want a gorgeous floral arrangement to greet you when you walk into a room? Regardless of season, Diane James Designs has an "in season" beautiful floral to suite your needs creating ease of  living for clients with discerning eyes.  
I hope you have enjoyed your visit to the NYIGF!

28 comments:

A+S (Tilton Fenwick) said...

Thanks for the sneak peek round-up!! Heading over today; we'll be certain to check all of these out!

Lili said...

wow! gorgeous shawl!

Unknown said...

Clearly, we like the same thing! Great round up, off to investigate those new to me trays more! xx

Unknown said...

i've been seeing A LOT of driftwood art latley .. LOVE IT ALL lovey!!!!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Anonymous said...

Love those trays... they are fabulous! I love Mariska... her scarves are going to be a huge hit I bet!! xo

quintessence said...

Thank you for the wonderful round up! I of course am already a big fan of Dunes and Duchess as well as Diane James and loved the introduction to those fabulous trays. Will definitely be checking those out!!

The enchanted home said...

Thanks for the mini tour. Love Go Home....have ordered many times from that company, they have great style ditto Diane James....I was so hoping to make it 2 or 3 days but looks like I am only gong to be able to swing 1 day, boo hoo. Just too much happening at the house, right now I am on my "lunch break" and couldnt' wait to visit blogland but its back to the grind in a few minutes......looks like you had a ball!
PS LOVE the scarfs from Markisa! Beautiful colors and prints (and Lisa I love YOUR dress, great color and print)

The enchanted home said...

PS Stop by doing a great giveaway that you would love!

Unknown said...

I feel like I was there, thanks to your great eye!

Love those chic boxes - snakeskin, please!

And, wow - loving Mariska's new scarf line. That purple/yellow number is GORGEOUS!!!

Always love to see friends, Dunes and Duchess & Diane James Home!

xoxo Elizabeth

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Wish I could have attended....but seeing it through your eyes is the next best thing. I love Go Home too! You look great as usual.

Mariska Meijers said...

Thank you for such wonderful feature and it was great meeting you in person! We are getting fabulous reponse on the collection. xox

Marianne said...

Oh, love the tour! Thanks for the eye candy. xo

Design Serendipity said...

Awesome pics! Thanks for giving us a sneak peek.
xo
J & S

Party Resources said...

Thank you for the tour with your fab eye! xx

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I love the horse sculptures and those scarfs are fabulous.

Barbara@HausDesign said...

Looks like design shopping heaven! I would love to have several of those containers for various spots around the house! Beautiful items!

The Buzz Blog said...

Love that your our reporter "at large"! Haven't had the time to make the rounds except for seeing Dunes & Duchess daily and meeting the lovely Mariska. Will make a point to see some vendors today! It was great to see you and thanks for the shout out!
xxoo

Lilacandgrey said...

LOVE it all!

Richard Cottrell said...

I lived for many years in Sag Harbor, the little green Gingerbread house on Main Street. I had a shop, Great Find's on Main Street in East Hampton. I loved going to the New York Gift Show and miss it very much. Thanks for a peak into what I have been missing. Richard from My Old Historic House.

yvonne@designvignettes said...

I added a link to this post on my blog today which also mentioned both Dunes and Duchess and Diane James Home. Wish I could have made it to the show -- it is always so inspiring!

http://designvignettes.blogspot.com/2011/08/time-for-nyigf.html

STYLE'N said...

Love the colorful trays. I would love to get my hands one a few of those!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Lisa the gift fair looks incredible and it is one of my dreams to go one day! I love the floral arrangements and the lampbases ..... and thanks for dropping by!
best wishes
Frances

debra @ 5th and state said...

.

debra @ 5th and state said...

ooops......my fingers momentarily took leave of their senses

i am here still lisa and just seeing your post was too fun as you found a few items i had missed and many that i too fell in love with

love nyc

debra

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

Those driftwood horses are amazing!
x
Melissah

pve design said...

I used to have a box just like that one....as a teen. Now where could it have gone. Like the fresh round up of natural, colorful and practical items-
You always find the pretties!
Thanks for sharing,
pve

The French Tangerine said...

Love Go Home! Thanks for the peek... Would love to go some year.. Sounds wonderful!
Enjoy what's left of summer!
Jan

tableandtop.com said...

Love the pillows and horse!!

'Please visit our new website www.tableandtop.com'