Monday, April 12, 2010

Customizing carpet

Not everyone can do a custom rug for their home and rightfully so, it's down right expensive!  However, buying a set size rug isn't your only option (ie: 8 x 10, 9 x 12, etc.) Instead of settling on a rug size that isn't exactly what you need, I always recommend that you visit your local carpeting store and have a rug that you love made to your specifications. You can pick options that are wool or synthetic, traditional or modern, and most importantly...what works for your budget. The store will cut your carpeting choice to your size requirements then have it bound or serged, leather trim or not, etc. I did this with our dining room. I knew that I wanted a wool, tone on tone rug (and a non-standard size), so I went and had the size made and I'm in love with the results. Here is an image of the rug in my dining room.

Check the carpeting stores in your area for sales. I know in my community some of the stores hold once or twice a year blow-out tent sales. Once the dining room is completed I'll share photographs.
Happy Monday!
  

11 comments:

Cashon&Co said...

this is absolutely gorgeous. great taste, girl!!! fabulous!!

Kathysue said...

Love your carpet, great design so classic, Happy Monday!!

sara said...

What a gorgeous rug, the pattern is beautiful! I've had a rug custom cut by a carpet store before, and I agree that it is a great option for a less expensive, custom rug.

Unknown said...

Its nice custom touches like that that really makes someone's home special :)

Silvia C said...

That's a great idea. I love the pattern you chose.

Unknown said...

Really? I did not know that, excellent idea. That would give you many more options for rugs, I have a hard time finding nice area rugs that I like. Thanks for sharing!

FrenchBlue said...

This is one of the best I have seen. I love it! Great eye girlfriend!
Have a good week!
XO

pve design said...

Looks so clean and easy!
Love it!
pve

lisa golightly said...

Fantastic idea ... and there are so many beautiful choices now !

style chronicle said...

Great pick! Look forward to seeing the whole room!!

Marija said...

Great advice. Limitless possibilities! I love your choice. I could see that in a ton of applications!