Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Looks like wedding cake

"They look like wedding cake." That is what I was told when I received the call that my daugther's window treatments were completed and ready for installation. This Catania Silks Indian silk is stunning.
 
Carpeting: Patterson, Flynn & Martin (to the trade) 
Window hardware: Kirsch (sold through the trade/dealers)
There are rare times when my search for the perfect textile takes me in another direction than the D & D Building in NYC. Catania Silks is to-the-trade only offerings, but is a source for designers to keep on hand for Indian silks that are made beautifully and priced well. I needed twenty-one yards of textile for my daughter's window treatment. I was not into spending a king's ransom just for the textile yet I refused to compromise on beauty or quality so I went with Catania Silks.  
This Catania Silks cotton animal print is adorable! This is a choice I'm eyeing for a space I'm designing for two one year old granddaugthers.
Do you have a gem of a source (aka designer secret) that you are willing to share for sourcing textile, whether it be to-the-trade or not?     

12 comments:

Stacey said...

absolutely gorgeous!

The enchanted home said...

Lisa...totally dreamy!! I LOVE THEM...my favorite colors, perfection:)

quintessence said...

How lovely - and what beautiful detailing!! Love the shade of blue - can't wait to see the entire room!

Tammy@InStitches said...

I love Cantania Silks too, I haven't seen their animal print before. Your daughter's draperies are beautiful and I love the gold rod. I'm redoing my family room windows and I'm painting my rod gold !

The Buzz Blog said...

So pretty and feminine - your daughter is a very lucky girl!
xxoo

Ann said...

perfect touch for such a fun space!

kayce hughes said...

beautiful!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Very much like a wedding cake. Your daughter's room is going to be so very special.

I wanted to send you & yours my best wishes for a glorious holiday!

Cheers ~ Deb

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I agree. just like wedding cake! I know your daughter feels so special in this room you've lovingly created for her!!! Actually, I think most big girls would love to have a room this beautiful!

xoxo Elizabeth

Marianne said...

The fabric is gorgeous! Beautiful for a girls room.

Jenna said...

beautiful fabric...thanks for the close up shots. I enjoy shopping at onlinefabricstore for designer fabrics that are NOT seconds and are available at wonderful price points to the public

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I just love silks. I often use housefabric.com for affordable fabrics like Kravet and Robert Allen.