Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A day in the life

I will never tire of walking through the doors of the Design and Decoration Building (open to the trade only) in NYC. It ranks as one of the top aspects of doing my job. From family to friends, I'm always asked what is like at the D & D? The selection of textiles, wallcoverings, lighting, furniture and vignette displays is amazing!

Zoffany
Holly Hunt
Stark
Kravet
Kravet
Lee Jofa
Brunschwig & Fils
Brunschwig & Fils
Ralph Lauren
Ralph Lauren
See why I leave the building with a smile on my face and inspiration in hand? There is something about all of the showrooms that I love. Enjoy your day!

15 comments:

Lilacandgrey said...

That bedroom is ultra glamourous! I love it!
<3 Cara

style chronicle said...

Me too! NY does it best!!

The Buzz Blog said...

Love the D&D and wish I could spend more time there. Nancy Corzine's showroom is also one of my faves (along with Kravet and Holly Hunt!)

TSL said...

Yum.

Unknown said...

love it! - thanks for sharing honey! - all have great aspects to them!!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Unknown said...

So much inspiration...I'm overdue for a trip into the city!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

They are such a great spark when you are stuck and need inspiration or direction!

Silvia C said...

The Ralph Lauren rooms are enchanting. Those chandeliers? Fabulous. I am so jealous that you can roam through such inspiring rooms, but thankful that you are sharing these with the rest of us. Thanks, dear Lisa!

Haven and Home said...

I feel the same way. I always tell people you just can't imagine how many beautiful things are out there!

Splenderosa said...

The tablescape in the red-curtained room of Kravat is a show-stopper. I used to decorate my dining table like this between dinner parties, it made for such a pretty vista from the living room. Thanks for showing us this.

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Yes it's an eye candy,

Deborah said...

I love visiting showrooms as well. I think I'm an Interior-Designer-In-My-Head.!! Nice photos.

Unknown said...

So great! That python side table is Ba-Na-Nas!!!
xx

Miles Of Style said...

very lovely indeed!

just stumbled upon your blog and i have to say i LOVE it. do come drop by mine too and maybe we can follow each other. =)

have a lovely day!

Persis
http://onestylemile.blogspot.com

Kathysue said...

Ralph Lauren, be still my heart. The black and white striped sofa, the lighting, Oh mY!! I am so glad you shared this with us, Love it! KATHYSUE