Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wallpaper

While at the D & D Building (Design and Decoration Building in NYC...trade only), I spotted these wallpapers recently. In the past several weeks I've been adding personality to some closets and to a pantry. How perfect would any of these be for a ladies closet?
 This would look amazing with a pink painted ceiling! Talk about chic!
 
Source for the above wallcoverings: Sonia's Place in the D & D (trade only)

When I told my husband about my ideas for the wallcoverings I scored from the annual Brunschwig and Fils warehouse sale he said, "really?" He thought it would probably look nice, but he could not image that the impact would be big or worth the effort. Well, I'm happy to report he is one step away from begging me to do his two closets! I am sinking my teeth into making sure that each closet reflects his personality and interests. I'm on the hunt for wallcoverings that are related to aviation or boating. He has no idea what I'm thinking, but soon I will ban him from his closets and perform magic! The key here is to make sure the motif is handsome and manly, not juvenile. Here are a couple in the running. Still searching! 
 
Source for the boating wallcoverings: Ralph Lauren in the D & D (trade only) 

Having scored great wallcoverings for a song is why I started wallpapering the insides of our closets, but I have to admit now that I don't mind spending the money because it makes us, the homeowners, very happy! 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

i went into deep undercover last year looking for wallpaper - i found a few i absolutly DIED for - but i couldn't find them ANYWHERE at a price i could afford - paying $250 for a roll is, let's just say, WAY out of my price range ... but there are SO many great companies out there now with great designs!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Debby said...

What a great idea to wallpaper a closet. Love all the papers.
Welcome by way of Brenda's Cozy Little House. My daughters in laws live in the Southampton and my granddaughter gets to put her toes in, hah.

Ann said...

Lisa- do you travel? ;)

The closet is the perfect place for the wallpapers- when you tire of them, it won't be a major deal to take it off. And you can go wilder than you would normally be in a room. Starts your day off with a smile instead of ugh!

Unknown said...

Those are great wallpapers - and so fun in a closet! We will probably be redoing our master closet/bath next year, so this goes into the inspiration file!

Kathysue said...

I love the ships on the dark blue background that is an amazing wallpaper!!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! The first one for him...and the pink zebra for ME please!

Marija said...

That first RL paper is one of my favorites! LOVE it! You have a great eye for papers!

Burlap Luxe said...

Love the sail boats for a beach cottage Model Home...I could do a lot with it the mind is already ticking, Hmmmmm!!!!

PS. Saw you at Brenda's where we both were featured on her blog.

"Cozy Little Home.blogspot.com"
xx
Dore

Cashon&Co said...

i've always really liked that "blueprint" sailboat paper by RL.... paper can make such a big impact!

Mike said...

I love these wallpapers they have so much detail and attitude to them. Not boring in anyway. Love that.