Monday, June 7, 2010

Wallpapering a tiny little house

 Over Memorial Day weekend, I wallpapered a coat closet while my children were napping after a blissful four hours of playing on the beach. When my daughter woke from her nap and saw what I was doing she said, "wow, mom that looks gorgeous." (Yes, she is four and uses that word...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!) So I asked her if she would like me to wallpaper each room of her dollhouse (four in total) with different wallpaper remnants. She enthusiastically said, "yes, and can I help?", so together we tackled her dollhouse.
BEFORE:
AFTERS: 
The baby's nursery..wallcovering: Sonia's Place. 
 
The master bedroom...wallcovering: Christopher Norman.
 
The kitchen...wallcovering: Brunschwig & Fils.
The bathroom...wallcovering: Kelly Wearstler.
Inside the closet...wallcovering: Zoffany.
 The completed residence!

If you have excess wallpaper think about using it for any number of projects: a dollhouse, the back of a bookcase, the inside of a cabinet (even if only seen when opened...you'll like opening the doors), a closet, a pantry, a bookcover, a mouse pad and well, the list is endless! What are some other ways you've used wallpaper? Happy Monday!     

16 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just the best! She will have that to treasure always...as I still have the doll house my Dad built for me when I was about nine! And the fact that she says "gorgeous" is too sweet!

Gwen Driscoll said...

Really, really precious. I just love it. Have a great day.

bluehydrangea said...

Fabulous!! What a hip little dollhouse. I am also impressed that after 4 hours at the beach with your children, you wallpapered a room. I wolud have been napping too!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

What a fun project....and probably the most stylish dollhouse I've ever seen!

style chronicle said...

You are the best mom! It sounds like you have a little design head on your hands!

Regan said...

Aw!! So cute!

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Fun! Looks so cute!

Marija said...

Totally adorable! And I love the choice you guys made for each room!

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

What a sweet little story! You sound like a terrific mom!

xo,
Crystal

P.S. I loved the comment you left on Tiptoe Butterly regarding marriage today :)

Splendid Willow said...

Lisa, I have been wanting to do that with my own, old dollhouse (in need of some love) for years!

And of course I am going to do it TOGETHER with my 2 girls! Our own little summer design project.

Love how yours turned out. And what a great Mom you are!

ox, Mon

P.S You are now on my blog roll.

Unknown said...

That is such a cool project! I LOVE it, how lucky your daughter is, to have such a fabulous, GORGEOUS ;) mother! This is probably the chicest and most luxurious dollhouse ever! XO!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow beautiful! What a stunning dollhouse.

Hamptontoes said...

Thank you all for your comments on this fun little project. The best part of all was doing the wallpapering with my daughter! Might I add that I scored this Plan Toys dollhouse and all the accessories at a yard sale in the Hamptons for $25!

letterstobetsy said...

This does sounds like a fun project. I love little DIY projects like this and then they result in such a wonderful finished project! I am sure your daughter is an amazing girl!
xoxo
KC

Rock'n Roll Ballerina said...

Such a wonderful project you had;) And what a qutie your daughter sounds like;)

Kathysue said...

Aaaah!! that is so cute and she will always remember that, you wait and see. It really does look great too!! Kathysue