Monday, June 14, 2010

Hamptons happiness!

It takes one visit to the Hamptons to know why people love flocking to the farthest point of Long Island. The list of reasons for falling in love with this gem of a spot is long. The beauty of nature is boundless, thanks to stringent zoning laws that money can't persuade otherwise.

For the summer months, I'll do a series about happiness in the Hamptons! For my first post, here's a snapshot of one of the many beautiful beaches on the East End. I find happiness in dipping my toes in the Hamptons waters, hence Hamptontoes! This happiness is pure joy, the same kind of happiness and love of a place that I hope each of my clients feel about their home. My greatest inspiration when designing interiors comes from nature. Need a color palette for a room, here it is: the various blues in the sky, the white in the water and the color of the sand.

Throughout the summer, I'll introduce you to stores I fancy, yard and tag sales that give a new definition to "selling your junk", behind the scene glimpes of the riches of the culture and other tidbits that equate to happiness in the Hamptons. I'm not one to follow the celebrity scene...it's not my interest or my style, so the star studded events and sightings won't be a part of the series!  Any other tidbits that you'd like to see me cover? Happy Monday!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one series I am looking forward to! I have never visited the Hamptons, being from MA we always go to Nantucket. It will be fun to explore a new place through you! xo

Ann said...

Yes, I also look forward to the tours.
I've always wanted to go, but haven't made it yet.

Good idea, Lisa!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Lilacandgrey said...

This post made me "happy!" Looking forward to your new series :)

<3 Cara

Anonymous said...

Good morning! Yes, I have been back there to the beautiful Hamptons. My daughter met an airline Pilate while living in NY. They ended up renting an adorable cottage in Southampton. My daughter ended up getting a job as a spa manager at Naturopathica. That was a great spot to go to! I can remember her meeting us at the airport and then taking the "Jitney" out to The Hampton's". It was a great time. ps My daughter is no longer with that guy, he ended up beeing a big cheater!
Marcia

North of 25A said...

I will look forward to your posts! I spend a fair amount of time in WH & my sister is in Wainscott so this will be fun for me!
Best,
Colleen

FrenchBlue said...

I will LOVE your every post from the Hamptons! I have never been there but know one day I will visit. I know it is an amazing and special place:)~~~ Wishing you many sunkist moments in the Hamptons!!

That Girl in Pearls said...

I have yet to go to the Hamptons... The longer I wait the better because I will surely be obsessing about getting a home there one day! I KNOW all the fuss is worthwhile. I hope you have a wonderful time! How relaxing and such a sweet way to spend the summer days :)

All my Love,
B.

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Looking forward to the series. I have never been to the Hamptons....my summers growing up were spent on a lake in the Western NC Mountains. I do love the beach, though!

Karen said...

I will be looking forward to this series. I love seeing shops that are available in other areas and what they have to offer.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I am humiliated to say that I have never been to the Hamptons nor dipped my toes into the beautiful waters. So, your series on happiness in the Hamptons will be great fun. I know ...Lisa, it's shocking!! / :

All my best to you for a lovely week xx

Melanie said...

I cannot wait to visit the Hamptons via your lovely blog! It is a plae I have always wanted to go!!!

Have fun dipping your toes in the sand!

Melanie

Karena said...

Lisa, I have never visit the Hamptons though I have been all over the world. Excited to hear your summer tales!

Karena
Art by Karena

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Dearest Lisa
Can't wait to see your beautiful posts of the Hamptons! We are on our way to Los Angeles and San Francisco tomorrow. I don't have my laptop with me but will stay in touch via blogger. So sorry we will not meet this visit but it will happen! Take care always
Frances..... I might call you from California!

red ticking said...

i am SO excited to follow you thru the summer...and i will finally arrive in the hamptons in august... aahhh LOVE going.. will love picking up all of your tips... maybe an email is in order?? xx pam

red ticking said...

i used to stay at maidstone arms years ago but now the updates and price is insane... last several years have stayed in a rental but this year i only have time for 2 nights... maybe 3.. (i know min night stay and all) any ideas? i know... probably booked... but i am quite persistant!
would greatly appreciate any insider info! xx

Hamptontoes said...

Red ticking...
I have some ideas, I will send you an e-mail.

Kathleen said...

LOL, don't forget to include our fabulous Waldbaums that charges more than their store 30 min away! Those of us who live in Southampton year round don't pay much attention to the celebs either. They come and go!
Happy Summer to you!
Hope we don't get tar balls from the oil spill. What a tragic event!