Friday, June 18, 2010

Remember this chair?

I first fell in love with this chair at the NYIGF (New York International Gift Fair...trade only show.) I posted about it here http://hamptontoes.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-york-international-gift-fair.html.

Chair by Peddler's Home Design,  http://www.peddlersdesign.com/v2/index.html

Here, I posted about my son's bedroom http://hamptontoes.blogspot.com/2010/01/our-sons-bedroom.html.



 My son will be turning two in August. I've just recently given my cousin the baby chair and ottoman out of his room (not pictured.) My goal for replacing the seating in his room consisted of the following criteria:
(1) Have a modern edge.
(2) Tolerate an almost two year old boy who will start potty training in the near future.
(3) Not heavily upholstered, if at all.
 (4) Be an adult chair (he has kiddie seating in his room and we need seating that is for the long term.)
(5) Does not have to accomodate bedtime reading, as his daybed will become an area for snuggle story time!

Isn't it funny how something as simple as a chair can have so much criteria that needs to be met? This is why interior design is a process that takes time. Good design is not done overnight. I only considered two options: the Egg chair and with a multi thousand dollar price tag it was only an option in theory. So I went with my other choice, the one I spotted at the NYIGF. Despite it's appearance, it is surprisingly comfortable and fits all the criteria. They arrived this week and I'm thrilled. I put them in my son's room and he immediately grabbed an Elmo book and climbed on one to "read." These chairs will most likely be in his room until he leaves the nest. I'm very pleased with the results.
Have a wonderful weekend! 


   

25 comments:

Unknown said...

that chair IS stunnnnning - i want 2 myself!!!!!

*kiss kiss*
Happy Weekend!!!!
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Those chairs are so cute,and what a beautiful room,i am redoing my 16th month room too,and i have similar ideas and goal :)check some pics on my blog~happy weekend much love DEepali

Ann said...

Lisa,
The chairs in the room are perfect!
The whole room is as elegant as you!

The Buzz Blog said...

Lisa,
We seriously have to meet! We have those Peddlers Design chairs in our office and have been trying to come up with a way to fit them in a 1920's farmhouse. I'm so asking my 11 year old if he think he might like one in his room. Have a great weekend!

style chronicle said...

Perfection! And you are right, he can't destroy those! I love, love, love that room!

EJR said...

What a great room, those chairs really do make all the difference!

Kathysue said...

This is the second post I saw this week on childrens chairs. Very cool, love what you picked out I like the see-through quality so they do not take up much visual space. Great choice but that is no surprise with someone like you with impeccable taste. have a wonderful weekend,sweetie, kathysue

Bring Pretty Back said...

I love the chairs because they are different. And adorable!

FrenchBlue said...

Those chairs are the best and you are So adorable!! I also love your son's plaid floor!!! Have a fun weekend my friend!
XO

Unknown said...

Oh you did great! That nursery is just amazing, you are so very talented (oh, and really gorgeous too!). I love that chair, it is ever so stylish and looks like it would wipe off easily, too! ;)
Enjoy your weekend! XO!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

They look great in the room and I've enjoyed seeing your son's room again. My husband is nearby reading the paper and probably wonders why I just asked where his college Rugby jersey might be...what a great idea...Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Those are perfect! And, they will work until he's off to college, for sure! I just went to Bon Marche, the large department store in Paris and they had so many cool chairs --- i think I may have even seen this one. Great choice!!

Cashon&Co said...

okay, first off, you are so incredibly photogenic. wow!!
second, your son has the best looking room ... seriously! that rug/carpet on the floor is gorgeous. i love the mix of preppy and contemporary with his new chair. awesome!

red ticking said...

it is a wonderful chair... they did an amazing job reproducing this..
i used to sell them in my store and i usually only carry pure vintage...
bravo on the selection... and yes, they are surprisingly comfy!
have a great weekend xx pam

Unknown said...

I want an egg chair :) I want one in red felt

Alexandra Rae said...

Love these. I have to say, they don't look very comfortable. But good design usually is, so I'll take you word for it. Stylewise, they're a 10, especially in the menswear inspired room! Great job.

pve design said...

I love the way they look in that room. Mod, urban, yet boyish too.
pve

Unknown said...

Growing up my parents had a set of those chairs, about 5 around a matching table, outside on the pool patio. It was chic then, its chic today, and amazing in your son's gorgeous room! Feeling quite nostalgic now about those chairs...

Acanthus and Acorn said...

They look so great in the space and he will enjoy them for years to come...or you can just relocate to another room!

Darling room....love the plaid rug!

La Dolfina said...

You did good Mom... real good and it looks like they passed the test with flying colors too!!
I love your designs. You've got talent.
I also wanted to come over and thank you for your lovely comment on our 28th anniversary. It was so lovely... just like you!!!!
Have a wonderful week
xo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

What wonderful chairs! I love how you used them in his room. So stylish & practical at the same time :)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!

Marija said...

Just perfect! They play off of the rug so well - coordinate and contrast. Well done!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

oh. that's a great fit! I think the wall color in there is a perfect choice for a little boy, too... cute. cute.

That Girl in Pearls said...

Just GORGEOUS!! I am obsessed with chairs... I don't know why... they are just so beautiful and so different in their own way! Lord, Sam and I moved and we got a U-Haul that was built for a "4 bedroom house". That or MY 2 bedroom apartment ;). Sam was like WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MANY CHAIRS??? As they were lined up patiently waiting their turn for the truck. Whoopsies! My bad ;)


Hope you're having a great week Love!

B.

sara said...

LOVE those chairs, they look perfect in that space!