Monday, August 2, 2010

Hamptons Happiness

During the summer months I've been doing a series about all things in the Hamptons that make me happy! This week I'm sharing the Hamptons Designer Showhouse. (http://www.hamptondesignershowhouse.com/)

Upon entering the home I was greeted by the interior design work of HB Home (http://www.hbhomedesign.com/), who did the entry and the living room. The three hanging lighting fixtures were fabulous, the rug stunning, the woodwork amazing and the vase on the table a perfect choice.

Take notice to how the designer made the living room feel cozier with the wallpaper on the lower half, the trim work in the middle and the top half a different finish.
 
When I walked into the guest suite designed by Brady Design (http://www.bradydesign.com/) I instantly liked the sophisticated appeal and the pops of orange, along with the calming feeling.  
  
 
The study was designed by Lucas Studio, Inc. (http://www.lucasstudioinc.com/) This metal tufted ottoman caught my attention. I did a little research and it comes in various colors. Hmmm...where could I use one...maybe outside? 
       
Oh, the kitchen...walking into this room was pure love! Every single element of this space was designed to perfection! The tile, the lighting, the cabinetry, the hardware and the size of the island. A huge thumbs up to Mr. Robert Bakes, the owner of Bakes and Company (http://www.bakesandcompany.com/), who designed the space. He was present at the show...what an informative and nice man! 
     
    
   
     
 Arden Interior Architecture & Design (http://www.ardenstephenson.com/) did the design of this bedroom. I love the textile, shape of the headboards and the nailheads on these two twin beds. 
    
Lillian August (http://www.lillianaugust.com/) tastefully designed the master deck (seating area) off of the master bedroom.  I am in love with this space!
 
     
For those of you who like furniture in your bathroom, Susanne Kelley of Bakes and Company (http://www.bakesandcompany.com/) did a superb job with the master bath! How soothing is this space?
     
Loving this lighting fixture!
The basement was like a fantasy! Look at the movie theater designed by Audio Command Systems, Inc (http://www.audiocommand.com/) with Barbara Ostrom Associates. (http://www.barbaraostromassociates.com/)  Can you just imagine the movie nights you could have?
 
Behind the leather seating, and as you entered the home theater, there was a long bar making it quite practical to serve up goodies for your feature film! 
 
Loving this outdoor space designed by Christina Murphy Interiors! (http://www.christinamurphyinteriors.com/)
Another outdoor area I loved, this one created by  Di Salvo Interiors. (http://www.disalvointeriors.com/) Again, the splashes of orange are great!
This bulldog lamp is for sale in the boutique. I think it would be amazing in a study or office! 
  
 The 11,000 sq ft new construction home is for sale should you be in the market for a Hamptons summer retreat! Despite it's large size the home felt cozy, comfortable and well designed. Kudos to Frank Bodenchak & Edge Real Estate on their development of a fabulous home nestled in the trees for the ultimate private getaway!

Traditional Home is the national media sponsor of the showhouse. Having a powerhouse of a magazine as the media sponsor is fantastic for the local community, as proceeds from the attendance of the showhouse go to the Southampton Hospital...the only community hospital on the East End.

Happy "Hamptons" Monday!

15 comments:

style chronicle said...

So much to love...the all white kitchen, the fabulous fixture over the tub, that gorgeous wild fabric on the porch. Thanks for sharing!!

TSL said...

The seating area of the master bedroom, and the kitchen, oh how I loved them most of all!

Unknown said...

that master bedroom with the INSANE ceiling - LOVE IT!!!!! .. my boyfriend has a bulldog head - we call him "Bruno" - :o)

La Dolfina said...

Great tour, thanks Lisa!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Great tour, thanks! I am not a fan of the two story family rooms and like what the designer did here to make the room more cozy. Oh, and the kitchen and master decks....to die for. Looks like a fantastic showhouse!

Unknown said...

This was YUM from start to finish! Love HB Home - they are definitely a go to source for me. The kitchen was fab, the bedroom adorable...I'm filing away the bathroom as I start to plan my new master bath...and that outside. WHAT a treat. Thanks for the tour, Lisa!

xo Elizabeth

Ann said...

Thanks so much for the fab photos, Lisa!
You read my mind with the silver leaf ceiling; I loved the curtains with it.

Looks like it was a great showhouse!

Lucky you!

-Ann

The Buzz Blog said...

The outdoor veranda is so perfect for those Hampton evenings when all you want to do is curl up with a good book and a chilled glass of white wine - simply yummy all the way around!

Marie Söderberg said...

OMG LOVE the pictures you are sharing,
the yellow stripes is my wallpaper favorite.
and the kitche..oooo love love love..and of course the room with the high roof and chandelier.
take care
love from stockholm

Deborah said...

Thank you for sharing those pictures. I love beautifully decorated homes! I hope one day to live in a home like the ones you have shown.

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Lisa ... this house is gorgeous and the foyer ...omg!! Love it and the kitchen! Beautiful post...

Kathysue said...

Lisa, this is wonderful, you are right that kitchen was perfection and the sunroom with the cupola was amazing. How fun to visit such a wonderfully appointed home and to be in the Hamptons, I can only dream of such things, Kathysue

Erika Ward said...

Thanks so much for sharing the house tour. I really was inspired by the two story great room. I have a client who wants draperies, but not the cost. Dressing the lower window may be the perfect solution...

I can't get enough of the Trina Turk fabric. I want some, too!

dovecote Decor said...

Thanks for the house tour!! It was very beautifully done. I've been in that South Hampton hospital about 40 years ago. There were so many children around, I fainted from hunger!

Rock'n Roll Ballerina said...

Great house tour! Love the white kitchen! :)