Monday, August 23, 2010

My dining room chairs!

I posted about my lack of dining room chairs here: http://hamptontoes.blogspot.com/2010/05/cobblers-children-have-no-shoes.html. As the saying goes, the cobblers children have no shoes and up until now my family had no dining room chairs. I am thrilled to report that I'm over the moon about the ten dining room chairs that we took delivery of two weeks ago! I designed the chairs and could not be happier with the results!


The back of the ten chairs are a deep, rich turquoise silk.
 The two hostess chairs have a trim tape on them.
Louis XVI Chairs: Custom made in Italy (Sedersi, Inc...trade only)
Shagreen Leather:  (Edelman Leather...trade only)
Silk on back of chairs: (Brunschwig & Fils...trade only)
Wallcovering: (Zoffany...trade only)

On the punch list for the dining room are the following items: chandelier (waiting delivery), two sconces (waiting delivery), mirror (decision needs to be made) and window treatments (almost finished). Once the room is completed I will show the before and after images.

If you read the above post you know it's been nearly three years in completing my dining room. Whether one is creating a dining space on a tight budget or not, the key is to not make impulse purchases. The goal isn't to just fill up a space, the goal is to create an area that makes you smile ear to ear every time you use the space or walk by...and perhaps, one that is created with pieces that can be passed on to other generations.  I highly recommend buying quality furnishings and no, it is not always related to how big one's budget is...Craigslist, auction houses, thrift stores and yard/tag/estates are full of fabulous pieces if one has patience and a good eye or is shopping with someone who does!

23 comments:

FrenchBlue said...

These chairs are SO worth waiting for. They are SO amazing!! Have a great week my friend:)
XO

Leah said...

These are so gorgeous! I LOVE them!

Luvs!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Lisa ... the Louis chairs are absolutely gorgeous! I am so happy for you because you have been so patient and it is well worth the wait. Beautiful job and can't wait to see a picture of the whole dining table set up with chandelier glittering overhead!
Hugs Frances

Kathysue said...

Lisa, the chairs turned out amazing. Such a good idea to add the luxury fab. to the back. Love the way it works with the wallpaper. You will have many years of use out of these classic chairs. Good for you!! Bravo for a design well worth the wait,Kathysue

Kate from Party Resources said...

Lisa,

Fab! Fab! Fab! You have such a terrific eye!

Warm regards,
Kate

Leo said...

These chairs are incredible. Love the details. The turquoise silk on the back...wow - I bet they are amazing in person.

Punctuation Mark said...

your house always takes the longest to get completed... they look fantastic and hope you enjoy them!

style chronicle said...

Simply stunning! I love a Louis XVI chair!!

red ticking said...

lisa... i so get this... there are things that i am still looking for... so glad your dining room is all set for a cozy fall and holiday dinners...they look lovely... xx

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

OH MY, you're wallpaper is just precious and the chairs look fantastic! Good for you in letting it all evolve over time. It will be so evident, unique and a true place to shine and dine :)

Karena said...

Fabulous! the chairs and fabrics are perfect Lisa!!

Karena
Art by Karena

dovecote Decor said...

Congratulations! I have been trying to get rid of my dining room chairs, since I am longing for painted chairs. Thank you for resources again! I'll trade you resources--the ones I want are Brighton Pavillion. The website is a mess, but the furniture is beautifully done, when they don't get to cute or busy with it. I love the turquoise and the trim you choose! Well done!
Liz

Unknown said...

Stunning! I am in love with that Edelman leather on the chairs. Not only are the chairs beautiful, but they are sturdy...and when you're gathered for a meal....that really matters! Love the wallpaper peeking out, too. Looking forward to the full reveal!

The Buzz Blog said...

I so totally agree about making a room a delight and pleasure in every way. Nothing like walking into a home that's been furnished straight out of a single catalog. The shagreen and turquoise combinations is fabulous!

Gramercy Home said...

Stunning details. Each component is so great on it's own but wow - you brought it together for a knock-out chair!

Unknown said...

Great job! I am in love with your chairs...well worth the wait, and now I absolutely can not wait to see the whole dining room finished and set up for a big party.

LiveLikeYou said...

What a chic dining room!! The chairs look fantastic with the wallpaper.

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

I love Louis XVI chairs and yours are fabulous. Cannot wait to see the finished dining room....but what I see looks great!

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

Yummy! Great selections from SEdersi. They have this little door in the Dallas design center that opens to this amazing warehouse space. I love to go peruse the isles! These are certainly chairs you can enjoy for years, and the color way is just dreamy. Love it.
You're right about waiting for what you want. Can't wait to see it completed.

Anonymous said...

The chairs are stunning! Love them. xo

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

loving the turquoise! so smart-enjoy!

Hamptontoes said...

Thank you all for your comments! I have long loved Louis XVI chairs and now, I'm happy after a long wait to have my own custom chairs!

That Girl in Pearls said...

Lisa! I have missed you! Dearly... I have been totally MIA so I'm taking a minute to catch up on your posts! I'm completely obsessed with Louis chairs... they are so elegant and have so much personality. Congratulations on your custom chairs!!! Truly exciting and they look PHENOMENAL. The touch of turquoise is perfection!

Hope you have been doing wonderful Love ;)

All my Love,
B.