Thursday, January 21, 2010

Princess party!

With my daughter having received a handful of birthday invites in the past two weeks, it got me thinking that it might be fun to share images of her third birthday party from 2009. Like most three year olds, my daughter loves princesses...reading about them, dressing up like them, pretending to be one and well, the list goes on!
The invite sets the tone for a party and we wanted all to be sure it would be a princess gathering! The envelopes were addressed as Princess Meg, Princess Emma, Princess Emily...you get the idea! The invites were printed on a die cut princess castle invite with the following words:
   Here Ye, Here Ye
Princess Ella is turning three!
She is calling upon her princesses
to celebrate with thee!
Please report to her castle…
(our address)
(date)
(time)
Please RSVP to Queen Lisa
(our telephone number)
Please be dressed for a royal celebration…
Princess attire necessary!
Scenes from her 3rd birthday celebration...
Photography by Traci Giles Photography (once based in NY, now in CA)
It was fun to visit the fairy princess dream world for a couple of hours!
 I have such fond memories of my beautiful daughter and her equally beautiful friends on that day! 

3 comments:

Gwen Driscoll said...

So cute. Wish my daughter was still 3. She is 9 and it happened overnight. Good luck with your new blog. I just recently started mine and love it. So luck forward to seeing more great posts.

Hamptontoes said...

Gwen,
Little girls are fun right?! Just looked at your website...going to add to my blogs I'm following...love it!

Cashon&Co said...

I'm having fun going through your sidebar and looking at all these wonderful parties! This one brings back memories to me though. When I was young my mom had this OLD Betty Crocker Cookbook, maybe it was just a cake book, and they had this Princess Cake in it. Just like this. It was ALWAYS my dream every year to have this as my cake. It never happened. Seeing these here brought back a flood of memories. Good, warm, childhood memories. Although I'm blessed with tons only boys, I am holding out for a niece, and if not, LOTS of granddaughters. :)