Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our Son's Bedroom...

The design for our son's room started with this wool, blackwatch plaid carpeting. The carpeting had been installed by the previous owners of our home, but it had been installed in the bedroom they used for their sons. When we moved in that room was going to become our daughter's bedroom. With that said, I had it gently taken up when our daughter's new wool carpeting was installed. Once the installers for the new carpet removed this carpeting I had them roll it and put it in the bedroom that would be for Baby #2 (I was expecting at the time, but we did not know the baby's gender). At the time I thought, if I have a son this is going to be re-carpeted in his room....I love this rug! Since our son's bedroom is smaller than our daughter's this could be accomplished quite easily.  I added all new trim work to his room. I personally applied the wallpaper below the chair rail. The wall color is Benjamin Moore's Old Navy and the trim work is Benjamin Moore's Super White. I love the result...his room is striking, handsome and timeless.

 




    I surprised my husband by having his rugby jersey framed and hung in our son's bedroom! The jersey is framed in a white shadow box using the same wallpaper as below the chair rail.

 

I found this adorable magnetic board and could not resist. I hung it on the back of our son's door...it's very functional, fun and out of the way on the back of the door. He loves to look in the mirror; as well as play with all of his magnetic toys (the type you hang on the refrig)!

I hope you have enjoyed!
     

6 comments:

Velvet and Linen said...

Looks great!
Love the navy blue walls above the white wainscot.
Fantastic light fixture.

xo
Brooke

style chronicle said...

LOVE!!! Great work. That is the perfect navy and the carpet is a lovely english touch.

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

I have never seen wool carpeting…it looks fantastic!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

I absolutely adore the combination of navy and Ralph Lauren stripe wallpaper. Stunning and the collection of photographs is perfect. Where did you get the floorcovering from - it is perfect and balances beautifully with the navy walls above the dado rail. You should ring Ralph and get this photographed in the next collection!

valerie said...

This looks amazing!!! I stumbled upon this when i was searching for a "chair rail, navy blue". This is exactly what I have been envisioning for my 2 yr old son's bedroom. Thank you!

I have been struggling to find the right color navy blue... would you mind sharing what color navy and white that you used? Thanks a million and wonderful job!

Unknown said...

Greatest blog of all time!