Monday, March 8, 2010

Bookends

 It doesn't matter whether they are visible on a bookcase, stacked in a pile on an ottoman or being displayed nicely with bookends...I love seeing books in a room. Books in a home tell a story about what the homeowners like to read, where they have traveled, who their favorite author might be and of course, I know that some books are just for display....regardless of the reason for having books, they are a nice addition to a room. Do you like displaying books? If so, how do you showcase your reading material?

 Here's one of many bookends in our home...the Eiffel Tower. Notice that I have the bookends inside a faux leather crocodile tray. I will sometimes put bookends inside a tray when on a console/sideboard, so that I can lift the tray and clean without moving all the books individually...just a little tip!


Happy Monday!




9 comments:

Bailey @ peppermintbliss said...

Two friends, sat on a parkbench like bookends. Always loved that lyric. And bookends themselves! Like jewelry for your shelves!

Lindsay said...

Love the eiffle tower bookends! Putting them inside a tray is a great idea!

Unknown said...

Those eiffle tower book ends are the best...and the tip with the tray is one I will use for sure!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Love the tip and especially love the eiffle tower book ends!

Deborah said...

Yes, I love displaying books - especially cookbooks. I have a series of William-Sonoma Cookbooks in my kitchen and travel books on the coffee table - beautiful!! I love the Eiffle tower book ends.

Ellen said...

These are so cool! Bookends are actually a really good present...never thought about it until I saw this pic. My bookshelf is always a mess--I could definitely use a pair!

http://www.firednfabulous.blogspot.com/

Silvia C said...

I love to see books in a room as well. I lay books horizontally on the bookshelf to hold those laid vertically. They hold each other up! (I may have way too many books, I think). the bookend in our pic is fabulous!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

As a Francophile I love these bookends and I also love the book on the end it is holding up. Is it "An Affair with a House"? I would love to get a copy as I am sure it is beautiful...I am obsessed with books as well and I love your idea about the tray ....how clever as I do look with trepidation at times at the piles of books on shelves and coffee tables and having to move them all to clean! Actually, that is what I love is neat straight piles of books on coffee tables as table art and then popping a teacup and saucer on top or perhaps a bowl of marblized fruit. Great post ...reminds me to go and buy some more books!
Frances

Hamptontoes said...

M.A.the2nd,
Yes the book on the end is Bunny William's "An Affair with a House"...it's a wonderful addition to any library and it a fabulous read...highly recommend!