Friday, March 19, 2010

Trim enhancement

If you've been reading my blog lately you've seen sneak peaks of my daughter's room. I will eventually show her entire room once I finish a few remaining tasks. I am currently waiting on trim to arrive so that I can enhance this chaise in her bedroom. This is a slipcovered chaise. I'm going to customize it with a thick trim sewn around the bottom. It will provide a very tailored look on a very simple Ikea chaise.
In our living room I'm using the same concept, however since this sofa is upholstered I'm going to either use a no-sew tape or a fabric glue to adhere the trim to the textile. 
Buying custom is not always an option or even necessary. Think about enhancing some of the furniture you already have to give it a custom look or to freshen it up. We have our daughter's fourth birthday celebration this weekend and we are all excited to share her happiness for her "tiaras and tutus" party! Enjoy your weekend.

11 comments:

Kathysue said...

I can not wait to see your daughters room. What I see so far is darling. Great advice on using trims. I have added some nailhead trim to a couple of footstools. Another thing I did to change up a sofa was take a small piece of fabric and fold it so its edges were finished and inserted it in the kick pleat so it just peeked out. I then covered two buttons in the same fabric and put them on each side of the pleat. I could switch it out whenever I wanted a change. I had forgotten all about that, thank you for jogging my memory. I can not wait to see the trim you use on both pieces.Have a great Friday,Kathysue

Holly said...

Love what you've done below the chair rail!

Silvia C said...

Oh Lisa! I can't wait to see your daughter's room and that slip-covered chaise. I wish I had the talent to take on such a project. Have a wonderful weekend.

Erica Cook said...

love this sneak peak! looks great and cannot wait to see the finished images. happy friday!

Lindsay said...

Love your DIY customization ideas! I hope your daughter has the best birthday yet!

pve design said...

Wishing you and all the little princesses a joyful celebration!
Happy Birthday to your little girl. Twirl away!
pve

La Dolfina said...

I'm excited to see the reveal too. The tease is exquisite!! I'd love to know where you found the ruffled hot pink pillow... it's divine!

FrenchBlue said...

That first image looks like a present! I love your style and eye that you share.
XO

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

Totally agree, can't wait to see how these projects turn out!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

I can't wait to see the final photos of the bedroom... and the pink ruffled cushion is gorgeous, So perfect! I hope you had a beautiful week-end and that the party for the little princess went well. Ca't wait to see photos!

Hamptontoes said...

La Dolfina,
The pink ruffle pillow in my daughter's room is from the now defunct Bombay Company. I looked inside the pillow sham for a company name, but it only reads made in India. It is the only thing I own from that company and I'm glad I stumbled in there before it's closing...it makes me smile!

To all of you...
Thanks for your nice comments!