Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lillian August Flagship Store

Yesterday and today were very busy work days. I'm working on the installation of furnishings in a client's home...it's so rewarding and exciting to see a home come together! With that said, I started my day yesterday at Lillian August grabbing some stuff for this particular client's home. Lillian August is a mega interior furnishings venue with it's flagship store located in Norwalk, Connecticut. To walk into Lillian August is to enter a magical world! Their selection of furniture, lamps, mirrors, accessories, custom pieces, carpeting, outdoor decor are varied and impressive! They also have in-house interior designers for the homeowner working on his or her own. And, for interior designers they have a trade program. This store has become one of my favorite sources for endless possibilities under one roof. Here are some photos I took yesterday to showcase a little sampling of Lillian August's offerings.
Have you been to Lillian August? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
If not, and you'll be in the area I strongly suggest stopping by for some serious eye candy!
Check out their website: http://www.lillianaugust.com/   

16 comments:

La Dolfina said...

The first 2 photos are amazing!
I would love to visit this shop. I live in California and don't think that will be happening, but what a great resource for you!
Thanks for the online link... I'm off to check it out. Good Luck on your installation. Please post photos when it's completed.
~xo

FrenchBlue said...

Oh la la~~ How beautiful and top quality! It reminds me of Bliss Linens, my favorite shop near me special, like this one!
xo

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

The top picture is gorgeous - that sofa with the washed blue and antique white is very French provincial and the lampshades and bases are beautiful. The last picture - are they rugs/carpets because they are beautiful.....can you send some over here?
Lovely post!

Susie @ Maddie G Designs said...

Thanks for sharing....that wall of pillows....I am in heaven!

TSL said...

Oh-my-heavens. I would need to carry a sack lunch and be prepared to stay. I will check out the link straight away.

~Chandelier No. 4~ said...

I. MUST. SHOP. THERE.

Hamptontoes said...

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed! If any of you plan a trip...let me know...I might meet you there!

Tina, I almost wrote in the post that packing a lunch is necessary...you won't be in and out. They also have free cookies and Starbuck's which makes the shopping experience a touch sweeter!

Marija said...

This place seems terrific! I wish it was closer! Filing away for the next time I'm working on the East Coast! Marija

Fran said...

I live by the store in farmington/west hartford and I love it. Did you know they just started a blog? You should check it out!

Hamptontoes said...

Hi Fran,

Yes, I knew that they just started a blog. When I was there on Monday I spoke with the president/CEO and he filled me in...how far in Farmington from Norwalk? Don't you just smile walking into the store?

Catherine said...

Love your blog! I have passed signs for this store when I drive my son back to school in Boston. I never knew what it was. I'll have to leave extra time to check it out next trip.

serena at the urban farmhouse said...

I just found your blog- it's great! The light fixture in the first photo is gorgeous. I'm looking for one for our entry and it would be perfect. I just noticed it was in today's Cote de Texas post too!

Serena

Charlotta Ward said...

Love the seatee in pic no 1.
Nice link. Thank you.

xCharlotta

Chic Coles said...

I worked in the Greenwich store of Lillian August for five years. Great experience, learned an amazing number of great venders and products.

Living It At Home said...

Beautiful store! I have to put that on my list to visit when I drive from Boston to NYC to visit family! Thanks for sharing~ Lucky you that you can actually buy things there for your clients!

~jamilyn

Anonymous said...

LISA,

YES, 15 YEARS AGO I DECORATED MY CT HOUSE WIHT LILLY AUGUST... MY EX WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HER SON DAN.... I SOLD THAT SOFA AND CHAIRS AND CURTAINS WHEN I MOVED WEST...
I THINK HER FIRST STORE WAS IN WESTPORT, CT??
NOW I LIVE IN A MODERN HOME WITH 10 THOUSAND ACRES OF OPEN LAND BEHIND ME THAT WILL NEVER BE BUILT ON....

ONE EXCHANGES ONE THING FOR ANOTHER WHEN ONE MOVES FROM THE EAST TO THE WEST????

XXOO
MELISSA

LIKE YOUR SIGHT...