Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shared recipe

I love to cook and bake. Luckily, my husband and children are a receptive audience so it makes cooking  more enjoyable. Tonight was no exception for pleasing my family with a delicious meal...thanks to my new Australian blogger friend, Frances, from http://beautifulinteriorsand18thcenturystyle.blogspot.com/ . Frances posted about a meal she made last week for her family. It looked so delicious that I asked (in the comments section) if she would be willing to share her recipe...she happily obliged. I made it tonight and it was a hit! If you are looking for a new recipe to cook this would be a winner! I did make a small modification because I do not eat meat, only fish/shellfish (but I do cook meat all the time for my family.) Instead of the chicken broth, I used vegetable bouillons to make my stock and replaced the chicken with shrimp...what a delicious recipe. Thanks so much to Frances!
Argula salad drizzled with homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
Yummy shrimp and pea risotto!
    Bon appetit! 

9 comments:

Erica Cook said...

Looks fantastic! I ordered pizza for my 5 boys tonight. This looks much nicer. :)
ps- we're vegetarian too. So I'll try with some gardein chicken. thanks!

Deborah said...

That salad looks scrumptous. I'll have to try both of those recipes. So no meat?!? That's how you stay so slim!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Lisa ....it looks fantastic, I think it looks better than mine! I love the idea of substituting the chicken for prawns. I am so happy you liked it and the rocket looks incredible on your dinnerware. Well done and I'll be right over!
Best wishes
Frances

Unknown said...

Beautifully done, it makes for a very elegant dinner. Hope you saved some for me daaaaahing.
*kisses* HH

FrenchBlue said...

Yummy Yummy Yummy! LOVE those greens!!!!! Thank you for sharing and it looks like spring has sprung!!!

XO

Karena said...

Lisa, yummy, I love the looks of the shrimp dish!!

Karena
Art by Karena

pve design said...

I had "Shrimp and Grits with the most lovely poached egg" at Sweet Sue's for Brunch on Sunday upstate- Your dish and that salad looks yummy!
pve

Hamptontoes said...

PVE Design,
I've been to Sweet Sue's - great spot!

hello gorgeous said...

I have an unnatural love for arugula.